Split Files allows you to split each file equally into parts. This is suitable if you have a file that has thousand rows.
We have 2 txt files with 10k rows each. Our goal here is we want to divide these files equally to 2 labelers. Let's do the following!
- 1.Upload the files in a project as usual
- 2.In the Step 2, preview the files
- 3.In the Step 3, set the task type and the label sets
- 4.In the Step 4, choose Demo and Nadya as the labelers
- 1.If the purpose in this project is only to speed up the labeling process and doesn't require the Reviewer judgement, we can set the consensus as 1.
- 2.If you still need the Reviewer judgement, set the desired consensus.
- 5.Click Advanced
- 6.In Advanced setting, go to Split Files section and change the dropdown into Number of Parts. Then, set 2. Each file will be split into two parts. It is noticeable, you can see Part 1 and Part 2 as the suffix.
- 7.Click Distribute Automatically. Our system will distribute the files according to the consensus review that has been set previously. In this case, each file will be assigned Demo and Nadya.
- Demo will get Harry Potter - Part 1 and Sherlock Holmes - Part 1
- He will only see these file parts in his project
- Nadya will get Harry Potter - Part 2 and Sherlock Holmes - Part 2
- She will only see these file parts in her project
- File splitting occurs during project creation. You are unable to split or merge back the file parts after the project creation.
- Labelers will only get the assigned parts.
- Reviewer will get all the file parts.
- Split files feature is applicable to token-based, row-based, and document-based projects.